Old 04-11-2003, 08:06 PM
WardaleM WardaleM is offline
Registered User

Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Default Garden Shed Roof Leaking

Quote:
Originally posted by keith
[b]it sounds like there isn't adequate roof support!11\2*11\2 timber with a 11
ft span & a join in the middle wont hold the wait.the only way really is to
refit the timber in full lengths no joins.2" by 2" MIN.Then refelt it all.
hope this helps
Thanks Keith,

I was afraid that this was the case.

I was considering fitting a second roof over the first by constructing a frame (with the main supports on the shorter span), boarding and felting this.

This will hopefully allow me to increase the slope of the roof as well. A 6" drop over 7 foot 6" seems too shallow to me.

Is this a relatively easy job? Or would removing the existing roof and rebuilding be a better bet?

All suggestions gratefully received.