Old 04-11-2003, 08:23 PM
William Tasso

Default Garden Shed Roof Leaking

WardaleM wrote:
Can anyone help please?

My garden Shed roof is leaking due to sagging. The roof is 11 foot 6
x 7 foot 6 with a 6 inch drop.
The shed was handbuilt (poorly) by the previous owners and is covered
in felt over tongue and groove boarding. The 2 supporting beams are
along the long axis rather than the shorter one. Each "beam" is are
made out if 2 lengths of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" with a short length of the
same bracing them at the join (something like -_- ). This has caused
the centre of the roof to sag and leak. I have tried bracing the roof
with poles and sealing the joins of the felt with bitumen paint with
limited success.
Can anyone suggest a good to fix this? I am reluctant to replace the
entire roof as I'm not that adventurous with DIY and I don't the
weather will be kind enough to allow me an extended fixing period.

If you have the height and something to fix them to, you could add supports
running at right-angles to the existing 'beams'

--
William Tasso