Old 04-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Ray

Default Bloom booster fertilizer (when to apply?)

Gene,

The way I heard it was that the high phosphorus content was for building up
the plant prior to any initiation of the inflorescence, and that once that
has begun, it has no effect.

With the MSU "revelation" about the key being less nitrogen, not more
phosphorus, who knows? FWIW, I switched to the MSU formulation about 6
months ago, and I'm seeing blooming activity in plants that had shown none
for years!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
ink.net...
I remember reading about this before but forget what was said. Does

adding
phosphous to the fertilizer increase the flower count/size after the plant
begins to show a spike?

Of course half of my phals already are indicating the start of a spike or
have a 2 inch start. Would a bloom booster fertilizer produce larger or
more flowers?

Good Growing,
Gene