Old 04-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Bloom booster fertilizer (when to apply?)

I remember reading about this before but forget what was said. Does adding
phosphous to the fertilizer increase the flower count/size after the plant
begins to show a spike?

Of course half of my phals already are indicating the start of a spike or
have a 2 inch start. Would a bloom booster fertilizer produce larger or
more flowers?

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 04-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Ray

Gene,

The way I heard it was that the high phosphorus content was for building up
the plant prior to any initiation of the inflorescence, and that once that
has begun, it has no effect.

With the MSU "revelation" about the key being less nitrogen, not more
phosphorus, who knows? FWIW, I switched to the MSU formulation about 6
months ago, and I'm seeing blooming activity in plants that had shown none
for years!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
ink.net...

Old 04-11-2003, 09:42 PM
claude

Hello Ray!

What is that MSU revelation you`re talking about???

Thanks

Claude

Old 04-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Ray

In the June AOS "Orchids" magazine there was an article about growing and
blooming orchids without high phosphorus. The stuff for pure water is
13-3-15, for example (that's what I'm using).

The PhD behind the fertilizer company feels that high phosphorus only helps
flowering if your plant is P-deficient in the first place.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"claude" wrote in message
.. .
Hello Ray!

What is that MSU revelation you`re talking about???

Thanks

Claude

Can You Apply Lawn Fertilizer and Grub Control At The Same Time?? MICHELLE H. Gardening 11 22-07-2018 01:52 AM
Can You Apply Lawn Fertilizer and Grub Control At The Same Time?? MICHELLE H. Lawns 0 02-08-2011 10:34 PM
Proper way to apply palm fertilizer Bishoop Gardening 4 02-06-2006 05:24 PM
sprinkler and booster pump Eric Lawns 0 27-11-2004 05:51 PM
When to use "bloom booster" fertilizer? Jay von Lehe Orchids 0 02-12-2003 07:42 PM