Old 04-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Michael Savage

Default Heads up: hedge trimmers (rechargable) 20% off at B&Q

"John Law" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jay" wrote:

How long will it cut before you need to recharge?
How long does it take to recharge?
What size branches does it cut (your experience rather than what the

leaflet
says)?

Dunno what the answers are yet (dark evenings)! The leaflet says: up to
45 minutes cutting time, one hour's recharge time (I know! It does a
fast charge then trickles.) And up to 15mm thick stems. But I shall
only be using it for light work and "tidy-ups", as I said. And for
chopping stuff for the compost heap.
--
John Law
Hexham

I've got a Bosch trimmer and it does the tidying up of a 20m+, 2m high hedge
on a single charge. But ask it to tackle thicker stuff, or let it jam a few
times, and the amount you can do drops fast (luckily my drill takes the same
batteries). But I think it's great - even used it one-handed a couple of
times (after nobbling the deadman - naughty Michael). Plan on using my
grossly over-specified stihl strimmer with hedgetrimmer attachment for the
hard stuff next year...

Michael S