Old 03-11-2003, 11:12 AM
John Law

Default Heads up: hedge trimmers (rechargable) 20% off at B&Q

I acquired a Bosch 37cm rechargeable hedge trimmer at the local B&Q
(Newcastle upon Tyne) at the weekend for £55.63 instead of the normal
£69.98.

Some may remember I enquired about rechargeables a few week ago;
unenthusiastic responses, except for a couple of owners, but I'm well
pleased with the above: it will allow me to do quick tidy-ups around the
place, rather than get out the much heavier mains powered job. Also
gives an excuse to knock off when the battery runs down. Seems very
quiet and quite powerful enough for the tidy-ups.

Warning: although the display had a [massive] sign advertising the
reduced price, "The Computer" still had it at the higher price and we
had some trouble getting the reduction. But since this looks like 20%,
and since it's the end of season, I am guessing that the lower is the
proper price.
--
John Law
Hexham
Old 04-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Jay

"John Law" wrote in message
[...]

This is interesting. Mains power is out of the question for me so it's got
to be either petrol, rechargeable or hand cutting. As I don't have masses to
cut I've not got round to getting anything yet but I'm very pleased with the
rechargeable strimmer which I got to compliment the petrol one.

John,
How long will it cut before you need to recharge?
How long does it take to recharge?
What size branches does it cut (your experience rather than what the leaflet
says)?

Thank you
Jay

Old 04-11-2003, 03:32 PM
John Law

In article ,
"Jay" wrote:

How long will it cut before you need to recharge?
How long does it take to recharge?
What size branches does it cut (your experience rather than what the leaflet
says)?

Dunno what the answers are yet (dark evenings)! The leaflet says: up to
45 minutes cutting time, one hour's recharge time (I know! It does a
fast charge then trickles.) And up to 15mm thick stems. But I shall
only be using it for light work and "tidy-ups", as I said. And for
chopping stuff for the compost heap.
--
John Law
Hexham
Old 04-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Michael Savage

"John Law" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jay" wrote:

How long will it cut before you need to recharge?
How long does it take to recharge?
What size branches does it cut (your experience rather than what the

leaflet
says)?

Dunno what the answers are yet (dark evenings)! The leaflet says: up to
45 minutes cutting time, one hour's recharge time (I know! It does a
fast charge then trickles.) And up to 15mm thick stems. But I shall
only be using it for light work and "tidy-ups", as I said. And for
chopping stuff for the compost heap.
--
John Law
Hexham
Northumberland

I've got a Bosch trimmer and it does the tidying up of a 20m+, 2m high hedge
on a single charge. But ask it to tackle thicker stuff, or let it jam a few
times, and the amount you can do drops fast (luckily my drill takes the same
batteries). But I think it's great - even used it one-handed a couple of
times (after nobbling the deadman - naughty Michael). Plan on using my
grossly over-specified stihl strimmer with hedgetrimmer attachment for the
hard stuff next year...

Michael S