Old 05-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Michael Shaffer

Default Wow, I guess I don't need a grow light

I'm overwintering my water hyacinths and a couple other plants and they
are THRIVING under 4 normal 40" shop lights. One of the water hyacinths
is getting to be almost 2 feet across and the others are at least 1'.
They're growing way faster than they did outside over the summer. If
anybody is thinking of overwintering their plants, don't buy a grow
light, try a pair of shop lights first. I also surrounded them with tinfoil.

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

Mike