Old 05-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Admin: THE FUTURE OF THE LIST

In a message dated 11/5/2003 7:40:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Great idea. Do you have anybody for South Africa? If not,

would be
willing to cover this area.

Folks, no need to "volunteer." Just DO it. ;-)

My Two Cents:

As a one-time frequent contribution and current-time infrequent contributor, I would concur with Jim. The beauty of the Internet Bonsai Club IS its universality. While climatic conditions obviously have a substantial impact on the care for specific speci
es, the true value in the IBC is the representative knowledge and varied skills of the participants.

With this said,there is no need to "assign" a query from South America to someone in South America. Discuss the art, styling techniques, maintenance and care, etc., and then refer these individuals to local practitioners for information on how a particula
r species is managed within the context of a particular environment.

In the end, we are speaking the language of ART. This, my friends, is not unique to a particular continent. It is the universal language of the world, and bonsai is a part of it.

As Jim said, just do it.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html