Old 05-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Garden Shed Roof Leaking

"WardaleM" wrote in message
s.com...
[i]Originally posted by Mark Fawcett
How about using something like a screw car jack - place a piece of
wood on top of the jack, wedge it against the cross beams and wind
it
up until the roof is flat again. Hope that explanation made sense!

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the advice, Sounds like I'll have to do it in stages,
lifting and bracing each section as I go across. (either that or nick
the jack from every car in the street!)

Once the roof is braced, does anyone have any advice on covering?
Should I use felt? If so should I remove the current felt and re-felt
or felt over the top of the current felt?

No need to do that. My shed already has its third cover, one over the
other.

I don't think tiling or
shinglind would work as the slope is too shallow. Are there any other
alternatives?

Your woodwork is grossly too weak to support anything other than felt or
plastic.

[snip]

Franz