Old 05-11-2003, 06:22 PM
dstvns

Default My Pineapple Sage is Blooming!!!

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:56:37 -0600, Mark Anderson
wrote:

After perusing the web about Pineapple Sage, many said it usually doesn't
bloom in Zone 5 due to its late blooming date. Well, here in Chicago
we've been having an extended Indian summer (it was 70F yesterday). A
couple of days ago my Pineapple sage started to bloom and here's proof.

It's very beautiful. I get one every year and every year it booms. I
just wish it bloomed in time for the hummers. It always waits until
October or November to bloom around here, and by then it's too late
for hummers and too big to bring indoors for over-wintering (mine is
currently 5 feet tall).

Is there any way I can cut it down a few feet and re-pot indoors?

Thanks,
Dan
nw NJ