Old 05-11-2003, 07:02 PM
shazzbat

Default Garden Shed Roof Leaking

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"WardaleM" wrote in message
s.com...
[i]Originally posted by Mark Fawcett
How about using something like a screw car jack - place a piece of
wood on top of the jack, wedge it against the cross beams and wind
it
up until the roof is flat again. Hope that explanation made sense!

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the advice, Sounds like I'll have to do it in stages,
lifting and bracing each section as I go across. (either that or nick
the jack from every car in the street!)

If your shed is like most the roof is either one or two fairly simple frames
which will not be dificult to make as a replacement. Take he old one(2) off,
put the new on, and cover.

At risk of seeming a smartarse, my shed in the garden has a roof made of
what was a double garage door, in aluminium. It in't going to leak for a
long time hopefully but you should hear it in a hailstorm!

Steve