Old 06-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

Default My Pineapple Sage is Blooming!!!

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:31:34 -0500, "Sue"
wrote:

Like many of the square-stemmed tender perennials, it strikes pretty handily
from cuttings either in water or loose moist potting mix, you can take
cuttings now and overwinter the resulting plants.

I'd be safe and try cuttings from various stages of growth.

I'm a pretty casual cutting-starter -- plop it in a clean, small glass
of water on the kitchen windowsill, and wait for something to happen.
Success rate is probably close to 65%. I snipped a 5" stem of some
purple-leafed sage from next door (with permission), stripped off the
lower leaves, and put it in The Glass. And it went all
fuzzy/moldy/icky. The neighbor recently pruned this plant way back,
and I have a big branch in a holding pattern in a larger cup of water,
intending to try and root some more cuttings when I get a round tuit.
Any hints for success?