Old 06-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default My Pineapple Sage is Blooming!!!

"Pen" wrote in message
om...
Yup, trim it down but make sure you have a lot of sun in the house.
Also keep an eye out for white flies and spider mites. I find it
easier to manage to root several cuttings for indoors.

For hummers, you might want to get a Salvia greggii, it blooms
earlier. The leaves are edible but more herbal, less fruity.

I had a honeydew melon salvia that was a wonderful hummingbird magnet -
bloomed early and stayed in bloom constantly until a recent string of VERY
cold nights did it in. I was going to take cuttings, but the cold weather
beat me to it. Bought it as a 4" pot for a couple of bucks and it was about
3-4 feet across when the cold got it, so it won't break the bank to replace
it next season. I DID manage to take cuttings of all my coleus before the
cold hit, though. Today I need to survey the damage done to scented
gernaiums - they are in a more protected spot, but they are looking a little
cold stressed and I need to bring them in.