Old 07-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Full Sail

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.98422e0c38da91d07adc6bac7bfe1097@106 8144191.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:
Cooler weather people looking for the perfect
fragrant white ht: I think this is it.

Shiva, that's interesting. Full Sail is actually a white sport of
Aotearoa (the Maori language name for New Zealand, basically meaning
Land of the Long White Cloud).

I think the rose is simply sold as 'New Zealand' in America. Rumour has
it that the breeder, McGredy, never wanted to hear the name Aotearoa
bucthered with an American accent... just teasing of course.

Anyway, Aotearoa/NZ is a huge fragrant peach-pink rose that is quite
popular here in Australia. It was released in 1992. If you like Full
Sail and have room for another pink HT, I can recommend it.

My own white experiment this year is Karen Blixen, which looks promising
but the first blooms weren't as fragrant as I hoped for. White
Lightnin' still takes the cake on that score.

You've grown both White Lightnin' and Full Sail - which is the more
fragrant to you?