Old 07-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Default Glass Top Covers

What were you using before the glass cover? Nothing? Or one of
those plastic canopies with the tiny glass/plastic window?

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
I never knew what I was missing.... until now...

I was one of those who never spent the $17 on a glass cover for my planted
tanks.... never needed them.... My SO talked me into getting one, and
WOW.... not only did I get a glass canopy, I got a new pcf bulb, from a

55w
to a 65w.... now the whole bedroom is lit up.... within minutes some

sunset
hygro changed from pink to RED!!! besides it being a weed, it's already

made
changes because of more light coming thru, the old shroud was so

restricting
with the light...

I'm planning on putting a shelf above the tank, very sturdy one too, and

put
some plants, books, supplies on it.... the glass allows alot of light thru
the top and a hanging or spider plant would love the CO2 coming out of the
tank.... the humidity.... the LIGHT!!!!

If you don't have one, you've GOTTA get one... you'll NOT be sorry....

---

RedForeman ©®