Old 07-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Tom J

Default Invasive Plant Of The Year Nominee: Bittersweet

"Harvey R. Stone" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
My nomination for Invasive Plant of the Year: Bittersweet.

Get it out and replace with a Trumpet Vine. In 2 years you will wish

you'd
stayed with what you have!!

Tom J
who has been trying to rid my place of trumpet vines for years

I bought a trumpet vine this summer and it is in a large pot. It has lots of
foliage but no blooms. What am I doing wrong? I live in Houston and
thought it would be a good blooming plant for an arbor but so far it has
not bloomed.
Phyl

Most likely too much fertilizer and too much water. If you look around town
during blooming season, you will see the most blooms on the vines coming up
through the asphalt and clinging to the sides of brick buildings or chain link
fences.

Tom J