Old 08-11-2003, 10:04 PM
NetMax

Default OK, so Goldfish and Hornwort don't mix..

"Zion Hill" wrote in message
Last night I put 2 nice Hornworts in to my planted Goldfish tank.

This morning - stripped skeleton stems with Hornwort needles all over

the
bottom of the tank. Guilty looking fish peering out from under the

Amazon
swords

After I clean up the mess it'll be on to experiment #2 - Pirrannas in

the
goldfish tank!

a planted Goldfish tank.. that's almost an oxymoron ;~) Hornwort can
work if it is growing faster than it's being eaten, and to do that, the
Hornwort really has to be established before the fish are added (and they
should be juveniles). Now... Piranhas will leave your Hornwort alone,
but might make a mess of your Goldfish ;o). ... and then what do you do
with a planted Piranha tank (wear gloves whenever you need to do some
pruning ;~).

NetMax