Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default I am guilty of mimosa killing

The message m
from rosymosa contains these words:

I bought a very nice Mimosa plant by mail order,as I have wanted one for
years. It arrived in a healthy condition, about 18/20 inches tall. It
was put into a 12 in pot. with a mix of one third soil, sharp sand,and
peat. I placed it in a full sun, south facing fence,and awaited
results, and waited, and waited, and waited, and now it has turned into
compost, over a period of three years.

Over these years it has been fed with, prostregen,and Miracle Gro. Did
this cause it's demise I ask myself?

I would like to try again. Can anybody help me to master the art of
raising a Mimosa to a beautiful flowering plant of which I can be proud
of. I would apprecaite any help, please
--
rosymosa

You don't say where you live but mimosa isn't hardy and won't stand
winters out of doors. I would think this applies to most of UK but
others will know the exact degree of tenderness. You could consider
keeping one in a pot outside for the summer and under cover during the
winter if you have space.

Janet G