Old 08-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Registered User

Location: london
Default I am guilty of mimosa killing

I bought a very nice Mimosa plant by mail order,as I have wanted one for years. It arrived in a healthy condition, about 18/20 inches tall. It was put into a 12 in pot. with a mix of one third soil, sharp sand,and peat. I placed it in a full sun, south facing fence,and awaited results, and waited, and waited, and waited, and now it has turned into compost, over a period of three years.

Over these years it has been fed with, prostregen,and Miracle Gro. Did this cause it's demise I ask myself?

I would like to try again. Can anybody help me to master the art of raising a Mimosa to a beautiful flowering plant of which I can be proud of. I would apprecaite any help, please
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message m
from rosymosa contains these words:

--
rosymosa

You don't say where you live but mimosa isn't hardy and won't stand
winters out of doors. I would think this applies to most of UK but
others will know the exact degree of tenderness. You could consider
keeping one in a pot outside for the summer and under cover during the
winter if you have space.

Janet G
Old 09-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Robert

:
: Over these years it has been fed with, prostregen,and Miracle Gro. Did
: this cause it's demise I ask myself?
:
: I would like to try again. Can anybody help me to master the art of
: raising a Mimosa to a beautiful flowering plant of which I can be
: proud of. I would apprecaite any help, please

Please tell my neighbours how you killed it as theirs grows up almost as
high as the house every time they cut it down hard lol

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered User

Dear do no feel bad. there is nothing to worry . all is just by mistake. now you can plant a new mimosa tree. and just take care of that
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalina View Post
Dear do no feel bad. there is nothing to worry . all is just by mistake. now you can plant a new mimosa tree. and just take care of that
"Mimosa" is unfortunately used for various plants, which might explain the confusion. Mimosa pudica (sensitive plant) is not hardy, and is grown as a house plantin Britain. But Acacia dealbata and Albizia julibrissin are, also often called mimosa, are fairly hardy, and are grown in the ground out of doors.

lauren fickett 925-933-6979 is guilty of tax fraud, attempted carjacking, kidnapping, murder and is guilty of assault and battery 903Dartmouth Way Concord, CA 5884 w tucson estates pkwy tucson, az 520-883-7486 [email protected] Gardening 0 05-10-2008 07:04 AM
Hunt Master guilty of serious assaults, but escapes custodialsentence Old Codger United Kingdom 0 02-02-2007 08:33 PM
Norris pleads guilty Reka Orchids 13 27-06-2004 10:05 PM
fish are hungry and I feel guilty Wilmoe Ponds 2 20-04-2004 05:04 PM
Botanical garden guilty in orchid case Reka Orchids 8 24-12-2003 01:32 PM