Old 09-11-2003, 05:12 AM
bob

Default Killing a cactus

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:37:26 +1100, "lea" wrote:

The decayed Kwyjibo. wrote:
"Phoenix" spake, saying
The decayed Kwyjibo. typed:

snip
sounds like prickly pear, does it have a fruit?

Nope. No fruit. Just prickles.
It's hard to describe, but if you think of a monstorous birds-nest
fern about 4 feet across, but with thicker leaves/fronds/whatever
(like an aloe- vera plant) and with prickles all down the side and a
dirty big prickle at the end you get the general idea.

x-posted to aus.gardens, maybe they can help ?
I got a rash from a prickle weeds I seem to have brought back in the soil
from the nursery.
Soft furry prickles that welt and sting ( much like a cacti sting )

I hate cacti.

Explains that rash I got from skulking around in your back garden
trying to find evidence of your husband's middle name.

I did come across this strange fat chick who would only answer to
"Pepsi" though.