Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Weird Weather

Noydb said:

First frost November 7, 2003; 28.9F was the low in my backyard (corner of
I-96 and Telegraph Rd. in Detroit, MI)

It is 22.1F as I write this at 3:30 a.m. on the morning of the 9th.

I had light, patchy frosts in October. The big whomp arrived overnight on
the 7th, though. My mutant sugar maple (which seems to think it's an oak)
finally started dropping leaves.

The lawn is going to need another mow or two.

Well, time to get the rest of the garlic in, I guess.

Got mine planted, got a bale of straw ready to mulch the bed.

Sigh ... I wish it would stay summer about 11 months and get spring and fall
over with in the other month. No need for winter at all.

NO way... I'd like winter to be a little less gloomy (and a tiny bit shorter).
I think we could maybe double up on September and October and repeat the
first half of May two or three times, skipping November, February and part of
January, along with some of the muggiest summer days.

And winters should have plenty of snow. Not all at once, though. Repeated
snowfalls, no more than 4 inches at a time.

(attributed to Don Marti)