Old 09-11-2003, 12:42 PM
brianflay

Default I found it! (was:buddah's lantern)

Thank goodness. You would not believe the research many have made to no
avail. As so frequently stated common~ sometimes uncommon~ names are of
little value.
I feel also that even some very common names differ between the US and
UK. Primrose and Rose of Sharon seem good examples. In UK they are Primula
and Hypericum sps. whereas the US seems to be Oenothera and ***[have
forgotten]
Best wishes.
"whoamI" wrote in message
VICTORY! I finally found the name of the plant I was looking for!
The Latin is Mussaenda philippica. A picture is at this link.
Finally, the mystery is solved, and I can rest easy again, except for
the snippet of a tune I heard through the window of a passing car 5
DAYS AGO that I have yet to be able to identify, but one mystery at a
time... http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/16230/