Old 09-11-2003, 02:12 PM

Default Weird Weather

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:29:39 -0500, Noydb
wrote:

Bill wrote:

Yup ... on the threat of snow last week I pulled my tomatoes out. Smells
to be me ... we still haven't had first frost! Deep planted garlic is
showing shoot tips.

(Not that I am complaining, mind you ... but if it aint coming, would
somebody please let me know for certain so I can get my ground replanted?)

Bill

First frost November 7, 2003; 28.9F was the low in my backyard (corner of
I-96 and Telegraph Rd. in Detroit, MI)

Hehe. First frost here in Pennsylvania's chilly Northern
Tier: October 2. Low temperature that night was 26 F.

Since then, we've had several heavy frosts but a lot of nice
warm weather as well.

Last night was cold: I have a min-max thermometer so I know
the lows -- it was 11 F here last night. We have a very
heavy frost on the ground. I think the Swiss chard froze -
darn, I should have covered it up. The kale is fine.

It is 22.1F as I write this at 3:30 a.m. on the morning of the 9th.

Well, time to get the rest of the garlic in, I guess.

Sigh ... I wish it would stay summer about 11 months and get spring and fall
over with in the other month. No need for winter at all.

I need a rest. I don't need as LONG a rest from
gardening as I'll get, but a couple of months would be nice.
Say, about two-three months.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.