Old 10-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Andrew Roberts

Default What does a phosphate remover actually do?

Bruce wrote:

Now my question: Does the Phos-X remove the phosphates by absorbing it or
by combining it with something else? I guess what I also really want to
know is that if it is combining it with something else, do I have to worry
about that compound breaking down and releasing the phosphates again?

The process is aDsorption. There are chemical binding sites in the
media that attract and grab the phosphate. The media might be able to
release the phosphate again, given the correct conditions. I'm not
familiar with the specific product you used, but I would follow the
replacement and/or recharge instructions carefully.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Roberts, Richmond Hill Ontario