Old 10-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Sodium Grow Light from Home Depot

On 10 Nov 2003 14:05:55 -0800, (MC) wrote:

I have read some people by the HPS at Home Depot and wire it for
growing plants indoors. I am planning on doing this given the
difference in price ($80) vs online sellers ($150). My question is
does the housing make much of a difference in how the light is
distributed? From the looks of it, the real HPS grow lights seem to
direct more light in a concentrated fashion while the HD lights are
for lighting a parking lot or something.

Reflectors behind the lights will definately provide more lumens.
Heat can be an issue/hazard with sodium or incandescent lights, less
so with flourescent. The length of the life of the bulb can greatly
impact the cost.