Old 10-11-2003, 11:32 PM
redled

Default thread algae???

Surgicalrn wrote in
:

I have this curly greyish green stuff growing at the tops of my
anacharis jungle in the back of my tank. I'm assuming it's thread
algae because it does kinda look like thread. My ottos, platys,
mollies and pleco aren't touching it. What kind of fish will eat this
stuff or what can I do to get rid of it or at least keep it from
spreading?

This is a late reply, but American Flag fish will happily eat hair algae.
They are also a very nice looking fish. If you can find them in your area,
you might want to check them out. It is pretty interesting to watch a pair
of them, too.