Old 10-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Cold in the northeast!

dalecochoy wrote:

Yow! Cold last night, in fact several areas in NE had record lows last
night.
When I got up to take the dogs out at 7:30 it was 20 degrees F. out. I don't
know how cold it got before sun came up. A little too cold considering how
gorgeous it was out a week ago!

We had the same in Orange County, NY, just 1.5 hours NW of the big city.

Ice on the pond. Any leaves left on trees are now "freeze dried".
I'm glad Bill V. passed on the reminder about water items. ( I got my water
table drained and covered a couple days ago.
This ought to play havoc with imported Chinese elms still sitting out.
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio

I've already started putting my trees away for the winter. A little earlier than
usual here, but it's got to be done sometime.

Mine all got the freeze-dried treatment as Bill recommended. Now they're set for
the winter.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37