Old 11-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Blarneytoad

Default Glass Top Covers

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:49:50 -0500, "RedForeman ©®"
wrote:

"Blarneytoad" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:10:36 -0500, "RedForeman ©®"
yep, have already talked to a buddy about MH pendants to hang from a

shelf
that is being installed, well... tomorrow actually...

The only 'real' issue, how many watts??? over a 29g, I'm guessing 2 75w
pendants.... sound good?? oh yeah, then a 10lb Co2 bottle, then a...

better
stop now....

Can you get 75 watt pendants? You might want to consider a single
175watt pendant. What's the depth of the tank?

Yeah a buddy of mine is a contractor, has the 75MH bulbs, set of ballasts
that were hugely expensive, and we're scrounging for the pendants... they
are harder to find than the bulbs and ballasts.... a single 175MH over a
29g, would be an algae farm.... and too much light for a bedroom.... 75 over
a 29g gives 2.58WPG and a 175 over a 29 would give 6.03WPG, unless you hung
it from the ceiling, then maybe... not really..

I'm just thinking if it's a tall tank the 175 will give you better
light penetration. I guess it all depends on what kind of setup
you have eg. CO2 ect but I have 2 175 watt MH's over my
55 gallon and no serious algae problems over the years to
speak of. I've posted some pics of it in alt.binaries.aquaria
if you want to take a look. But yeh,if you can get 75watt
pendants they would be great for that set up.Goodluck in
your search and let us know if you find a good source for the
fixture.