Old 12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Janice

Default Smug, self satisfied, complacent, um.....

"John Towill" wrote:
Feeling very complacent I was walking my territory when on passing my
brussels, horror of horrors my Xmas dinner was being eaten by cabbage

white
caterpillars, checked calendar, yes it is mid November. So smugness etc
waned, and I thought, what drought, flood or pestilence will nature come

up
with to balance the last few weeks?

Yes, it's crazy. I still have lobelia, annual rudbeckia, early-type
clematis and fuchsia in full bloom, as well as a few flowers on an exochorda
bride which is supposed to flower only in May.

No doubt having said this a frost will come in tonight and cut down the lot!