Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Smug, self satisfied, complacent, um.....

"John wrote in message
I have planned my veg garden for next year, picked the seeds I require

(not
able to order as Suttons web page has problems :-( ) Dug over, manured

or
limed all empty beds, never managed that before, but nature has been very
kind.
Feeling very complacent I was walking my territory when on passing my
brussels, horror of horrors my Xmas dinner was being eaten by cabbage

white
caterpillars, checked calendar, yes it is mid November. So smugness etc
waned, and I thought, what drought, flood or pestilence will nature come

up
with to balance the last few weeks?

I know the feeling, last week I dug one of our allotments, raked it nice and
smooth, it looked like a big earth pillow, very satisfying, felt good.
Two day later I go down there to find hardly a square inch without a fox paw
print, deep holes dug at random, hardly looks like it's been dug and raked
at all. :-(

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.