Old 12-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Dave Millman

Default Looking for plants (I pay for s/h)

-=Almazick=- wrote:

You helped me before but I need your help again. I want to start from the
beginning by throwing away all my plants and I hope I won't get any algae in
the future. Thanks guys.

Please think about this. If you get your lighting, CO2 and nutrients right, the
plants you have now will recover. the stem plants will send out new stems, the
others will develop new growth from their rhizomes, crowns or whatever. The
algae will disappear, with some help from you (clean the glass, remove what you
can, perhaps a blackout.)

If on the other hand you start a new tank from scratch without new plant culture
techniques, then you can reasonably expect the outcome to be the same as well.

This is hard to take. I know, my tank looked like crap for the second year. Then
I took Tom Barr's advice, went back to basic principles, and my tank looks great
again. Hint: If your flourescent lights are more than 12 months old, toss them
before you toss your plants!