Old 13-11-2003, 02:22 AM
Myrmecodia

Default Psychopsis papilo

(Ana) wrote in message . com...
I have bought a psychopsis papilio with 4 pseudobulbs. Can you give
me advice to cultivate and make to bloom?

I find that Psychopsis papilio grows very well in pure long-fiber
sphagnum moss. I grow smaller plants in clay pots, and larger plants
in wooden baskets. The moss is kept constantly moist with water that
is very low in mineral content. Give the plant moderate light
(somewhere between phalaenopsis and cattleya conditions) and warm
temperatures.

P. papilio definitely seems to be the easiest of the Psychpsis species
and is less susceptible to rot than other species or hybrids. With P.
kramerianum, for instance, mounting on cork works better than pots in
my emvironment.

Nick
--
myrmecodia-at-yahoo-dot-com (but don't bother emailing, this account
is clogged by spam)