Old 12-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Ana

Default Psychopsis papilo

I have bought a psychopsis papilio with 4 pseudobulbs. Can you give
me advice to cultivate and make to bloom?

Thanks
Ana
Old 12-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Kenni Judd

Hybrids made with papilio, such as Butterfly and Kalihi, grow very well for
us, but we've found that the straight species has a little trouble
tolerating our extreme heat.

The hybrids do very well for us in the brightest section of our cattleya
zone, in either slat baskets or treefern pots for maximum drainage [as
compared to the plastic pots that most of our catts live in]. Our potting
mix for them is about 50% lava rock, 25% charcoal, 25% coco-chips. I think
that if we mounted them, we could probably put them in the vanda zone.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
om...

Old 13-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Wendy

Hi there Ana, in one word, patience! *g*
I have three of these, one since '95 & have not repotted since?
It hangs up high in a plastic pot sitting in a wooden basket, in a high
light breezy spot
in my greenhouse. It is close to the swamp cooler, have not moved it as it
is always
in bloom. I fertilize with GroMor Urea freem, at quarter strength & flush
once every other
month.
Cheers Wendy
"Ana" wrote in message
om...
I have bought a psychopsis papilio with 4 pseudobulbs. Can you give
me advice to cultivate and make to bloom?

Thanks
Ana

My Psychopsis problem [email protected] Orchids 0 24-03-2009 02:41 PM
Google Groups Use was Psychopsis question K Barrett Orchids 0 06-12-2003 06:03 PM
Psychopsis papilo Ana Orchids 0 12-11-2003 05:46 PM
Psychopsis papilio var aurea concolor Mick Fournier Orchids 5 21-06-2003 06:43 AM
Psychopsis seed pod maturation Beetle Orchids 2 20-04-2003 11:08 PM