Old 13-11-2003, 02:32 AM
rschmitt23

Default [IBC] Texas Ebony cascade??

I agree with Craig. Don't fight it. -I have a Point Reyes ceanothus (C.
gloriosus) that really wants to be a semi-cascade style. That's fine by me.

--
Ray Schmitt, Aliso Viejo, CA
Cold Hardiness Zone 10b

"Craig Cowing" wrote in message
Carl L Rosner wrote:

Hi Bart:

Go for it Bart.... If it is almost there why not let the tree tell you
hpow it wants to grow. You just have to nudge it along.... I think the
Texas Ebony are a really lovely fun tree. I am pretty sure they are of
the same family as the Brazilian Rain tree, and both trees are to be
enjoyed year round. I do keep mine on propagation mats and they do not
just survive indoors, but are thriving all winter.... 8-)

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

http://bmee.net/rosner

http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...page&artistid=
0000006848

http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja..._page&artistid
=0000006848

I've got a bougainvilla that is doing the same thing. It's a rooted

cutting, and I've just
let it grow wild. It's naturally a vine anyway so I think it's natural

for it to do this,
but it kinda tipped over and is now in a semi-cascade position and

actually looks pretty
good. I guess I'm thinking I should work with what the tree wants to do

naturally. You
can't do that all the time, but if it wants to be a semi-cascade, milk it

for all it's
worth.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++