Old 13-11-2003, 05:02 AM
-=Almazick=-

Default Looking for plants (I pay for s/h)

Well the algae doesn't grow anymore but the old one keeps growing. I cut
all the plants but still just a small algae keeps growing and growing. I
almost don't have any algae anymore since I got CO2 but i'm getting tired.
I want the algae to be completely gone and the only way to kill the algae
just to throw away all the plants leave the tank with Algae Destroyer for a
week and put new plants without any algae in my tank.

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
-=Almazick=- wrote:

You helped me before but I need your help again. I want to start from

the
beginning by throwing away all my plants and I hope I won't get any

algae in
the future. Thanks guys.

Please think about this. If you get your lighting, CO2 and nutrients

right, the
plants you have now will recover. the stem plants will send out new stems,

the
others will develop new growth from their rhizomes, crowns or whatever.

The
algae will disappear, with some help from you (clean the glass, remove

what you
can, perhaps a blackout.)

If on the other hand you start a new tank from scratch without new plant

culture
techniques, then you can reasonably expect the outcome to be the same as

well.

This is hard to take. I know, my tank looked like crap for the second

year. Then
I took Tom Barr's advice, went back to basic principles, and my tank looks

great
again. Hint: If your flourescent lights are more than 12 months old, toss

them
before you toss your plants!