Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Michael Moyer

Default Planting wildflower seeds

"animaux" wrote in message
Three weeks ago I planted out larkspur, nigella, cosmos, coreopsis,
bluebonnets,
Indian paint brush, buffalo grass, cornflowers, poppies, and calendula. All
have started to germinate. The show here next spring will be unreal. I am
already planning next years garden.

I have a lot of moving around to do. I want a much larger area for a
vegetable
plot. I could use the neighbors yard. They have half acre with nothing on
it
but a few trees. They said I could use the whole thing. Hmmmm...

So, anyone else get out and plant wildflower seeds for the spring?

Victoria

I'm a little behind, I guess. Last weekend I put out coneflower, butterfly
weed, pincushion daisy, and columbine. I am also going to try and grow some
native lantana starting with seed (which I also put out last week).
Tomorrow I'm going to put out a couple of pounds of bluebonnet seed. It
will be interesting to see what comes up and what the deer and bunnies leave
alone.

How about yarrow? I planted some this year (in the spring) and managed to
kep it alive through the summer, but it grew very little and did not flower.
Does it usually take awhile to become established?

Michael