Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
animaux

Default Planting wildflower seeds

Three weeks ago I planted out larkspur, nigella, cosmos, coreopsis, bluebonnets,
Indian paint brush, buffalo grass, cornflowers, poppies, and calendula. All
have started to germinate. The show here next spring will be unreal. I am
already planning next years garden.

I have a lot of moving around to do. I want a much larger area for a vegetable
plot. I could use the neighbors yard. They have half acre with nothing on it
but a few trees. They said I could use the whole thing. Hmmmm...

So, anyone else get out and plant wildflower seeds for the spring?

Victoria
Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
J Kolenovsky

Victoria, we had a good offline dialoque going for a while and you
stopped. Couldn't have been my breath.

You really have gotten the native zeal. I think its cool. =

Cherry Laurel - large shrub, small tree -
http://www.floridata.com/ref/p/prunus_c.cfm
(understory but could be big)

Wax Leaf Ligustrum - shear off tops at soil level and apply brush killer
to the pith.

Phyla incisa or nodiflora ( 6 pack in mail?)

JK

animaux wrote:
=

Three weeks ago I planted out larkspur, nigella, cosmos, coreopsis, blu=

ebonnets,
Indian paint brush, buffalo grass, cornflowers, poppies, and calendula.=

All
have started to germinate. The show here next spring will be unreal. =

I am
already planning next years garden.
=

I have a lot of moving around to do. I want a much larger area for a v=

egetable
plot. I could use the neighbors yard. They have half acre with nothin=

g on it
but a few trees. They said I could use the whole thing. Hmmmm...
=

So, anyone else get out and plant wildflower seeds for the spring?
=

Victoria

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Michael Moyer

"animaux" wrote in message
Three weeks ago I planted out larkspur, nigella, cosmos, coreopsis,
bluebonnets,
Indian paint brush, buffalo grass, cornflowers, poppies, and calendula. All
have started to germinate. The show here next spring will be unreal. I am
already planning next years garden.

I have a lot of moving around to do. I want a much larger area for a
vegetable
plot. I could use the neighbors yard. They have half acre with nothing on
it
but a few trees. They said I could use the whole thing. Hmmmm...

So, anyone else get out and plant wildflower seeds for the spring?

Victoria

I'm a little behind, I guess. Last weekend I put out coneflower, butterfly
weed, pincushion daisy, and columbine. I am also going to try and grow some
native lantana starting with seed (which I also put out last week).
Tomorrow I'm going to put out a couple of pounds of bluebonnet seed. It
will be interesting to see what comes up and what the deer and bunnies leave
alone.

How about yarrow? I planted some this year (in the spring) and managed to
kep it alive through the summer, but it grew very little and did not flower.
Does it usually take awhile to become established?

Michael

Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
animaux

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:33:41 -0600, "Michael Moyer"
opined:

I'm a little behind, I guess. Last weekend I put out coneflower, butterfly
weed, pincushion daisy, and columbine. I am also going to try and grow some
native lantana starting with seed (which I also put out last week).
Tomorrow I'm going to put out a couple of pounds of bluebonnet seed. It
will be interesting to see what comes up and what the deer and bunnies leave
alone.

How about yarrow? I planted some this year (in the spring) and managed to
kep it alive through the summer, but it grew very little and did not flower.
Does it usually take awhile to become established?

Michael

If you are talking about the native yarrow, which has a white flower, it not
only establishes, but can become invasive. Plant it where you definitely want
it, but be aware it can fly over to other places in the garden.

Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
animaux

Yes, native plants are the majority of what I have in the gardens. I have
P.incisa in a six pack for you. Email me at 0 and remove the
zero at the end of the address or it will bounce.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:03:25 -0600, J Kolenovsky opined:

Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
J Kolenovsky

animaux.net bounces. austin.rr.com bounces. How does one break through
to you via e-mail?

J. Kolenovsky
5116 Bissonnet, #257
Bellaire, TX 77401

=

animaux wrote:

Three weeks ago I planted out larkspur, nigella, cosmos, coreopsis, =

bluebonnets,
Indian paint brush, buffalo grass, cornflowers, poppies, and calendu=

la. All
have started to germinate. The show here next spring will be unreal=

=2E I am

Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
J Kolenovsky

None of the e-mail addresses you gave me work. Both say user unknown.
You have my physical address.

JK

=