Old 13-11-2003, 01:15 PM

Default help - can't crank lawnmower - need to mow

In article , Daniel B. Martin wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions?

Does this engine have a carburetor with a rubber primer bulb? If so, you
should press that primer bulb 5 times before attempting to start the engine.

Does the fuel tank have a shutoff valve? If so, make sure it the valve is
in the "open" position.

Daniel B. Martin

If it has been setting for an extended period of time the evaporating
gas has probably gummed the carb and will need cleaning and rebuild.
That cost me 55 bucks for a used chipper shredder I bought.

One method that can help prove it runs but is not getting gas is to put
a healthy squirt of lighter fluid in the spark plug hole, some directly
on the plug, then put it all back together and give it a pull will run
several cycles that way and if not gettng gas will die.

I have also tested it with ether sprayed into the carb but that is A LOT
MORE DANGEREOUS AND SHOULD NOT BE DONE UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE DOING
THIS BEFORE.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.