Old 13-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Raleigh Farmers Market??

I thought I read at one time that produce at the Farmers Market was supposed
to be grown in NC, unless it was not then growing in NC (wrong time of
ear) -- at which point, produce could come in from other states, but not
from New Zealand, for example. (I think I saw an interview with someone
from the NC Dept. of Agriculture, which presumably has its hands full with
other matters at the moment.)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote in
message hlink.net...
I believe the only requirement for the lowest building is that the produce
be grown in NC, but I have often seen cases from other states down there.

scrounge scraps to feed my chickens down there, so I do tend to notice

stuff
like that.

Wonder whether it is worth asking the group that runs the market to check
into it, or set new rules so the public knows what to expect!

laurie (Mother Mastiff)