Old 13-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Kay Easton

Default Smug, self satisfied, complacent, um.....

In article , ajr
writes

Me and my neighbour spent a confused minute or two watching a Red Admiral (I
assume that is what it was, as it was mainly red!)

No! Red Admirals are mainly black ;-)
Basically black with a bright red stripe along the edge of the wing.
Peacocks are obvious - big 'eyes' on the wing like on a peacock feather,
though they are brownish colours rather than greens and blues.

fluttering between our
gardens today.

I'm no expert on butterflies - or insects full stop, for that matter - but I
assume that butterflies should not be flying around this time of year - or
for that matter a bee shouldn't have been flying around the living room
today!

They need heat to be active, so the warmer the autumn, the longer they
can be around. There's still quite a lot of insects around up here
(Yorks)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: