Old 14-11-2003, 02:03 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Confused Brussel Sprout?

"John wrote in message ...
I know that the tops of sprout plants can be eaten like cabbage, but one

of
mine has formed a large hard cabbage head on the top. I have never seen
this before, is it unusual?

We had one do that last year, few sprouts and they were rather small so it
looked like a football on a stick, or lollypop, strange. I assumed it was
something in the F1 cross procedure that went wrong, perhaps an F2.
Didn't eat it, too much else to consume, sprouts, winter cabbage, winter
caulis, savoys and all the stuff we froze in the summer.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.