Old 14-11-2003, 05:22 AM
Gary Woods

Default Confused Brussel Sprout?

(Steve Harris) wrote:

My Rubine sprouts are confused another way. They just look like cabbage
plants with leaves all the way up the stem.

Rubine sprouts have never done much for me. Always much less vigorous than
the green types. The best I have done is a scant handful of undersized
sprouts. An heirloom called "Fillbasket" looks promising, though this was
a poor year. Mostly my fault; I'll try again next year.
Right now, the wind is howling around the house, a little below freezing,
and a dusting of snow on the ground. Looks like a scene from a bad movie
of prospectors in the Yukon territories!
I guess I might as well dig the leeks; they won't likely grow much more...

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods