Old 14-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Mouse

Default Zones

Many thanks for all the help, new the websites existed but could not find
them
Mouse
"Skooch" wrote in message
Nat wrote:
The zones represent the lowest average temp that an area receives. The
USDA produces the map most people reference. The USDA's page explaining
the map and zones is he http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/index.html

Lurker

Mouse wrote:

Reading various post on this NG it seems to me that Zones relate in
some way
to temperature. Here in the UK it is either hot or cold. :-) So could
some
kind person let me have a list of these Zones and related
temperatures, if I
am correct in my assumption..
Mouse

Most of the UK is Zone 8. The western coast is Zone 9, and a small
section in the Northeast is zone 7.
This URL will give you the zones of Europe and Eastern Russia,

http://www.uk.gardenweb.com/forums/zones/hze.html

---