Old 14-11-2003, 11:02 PM

Default Sodium Grow Light from Home Depot

the problem is.... sodium lights put out in the yellow spectrum, not the wavelength
for chlorophyll. ???? Ingrid

"Andrew Ostrander" wrote:

I expect some people do buy High Pressure Sodium lights at Home Depot and
use them for growing plants indoors. They are brighter than High Density
sodium lights for the same amount of electricity. The design of the
reflector around the light is not particularly important, as long as it is
safe, but there are differences in results between the various styles.
There are alternative sources for HDS lamps besides Home Depot and online
sellers. In my city several hydroponic shops offer a selection of lamps
together with ADVICE

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com