Old 14-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Nedra

Default Pump in or Pump out?

It must not matter with the Becketts then, Jan. I leave all three
of mine in the pond. I've been doing this for several years &
all are running fine.
Only one is turned on right now... it's feeding the veggie filter.

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On 13 Nov 2003 00:48:00 GMT, (Szpond) wrote:

We live in Michigan (zone 5). Someone said to leave our pump in over the
winter so that the seals don't dry out. Is it okay to leave the pump in

the
bottom of the pond (not running) for the winter, or shall we pull it and

put in
dry storage? Thanks, Cathy

It might depend on the pump, but I've pulled my Beckett's every year, dry
store where the won't freeze without problems. The Ebara we use at the

Demo
Pond needs a manual turn of it's impeller in the spring, but runs fine
there after. I use a Little Giant for water changes and pumping out my
filter, so it goes from wet/dry conditions constantly, still running fine
since 1995. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a