Old 13-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Szpond

Default Pump in or Pump out?

We live in Michigan (zone 5). Someone said to leave our pump in over the
winter so that the seals don't dry out. Is it okay to leave the pump in the
bottom of the pond (not running) for the winter, or shall we pull it and put in
dry storage? Thanks, Cathy
Old 13-11-2003, 04:02 AM
Nedra

Cathy, just leave the pump in the bottom of your pond.
Not running of course.

Nedra

Old 13-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Gale Pearce

I leave my pump in the pond over winter -have for 10 yrs now - will be fine
as long as it is deep enough so as not to freeze - I am in SW Ont (zone 7 I
thought?) - 35 mi from Detroit
Gale :~)

Old 15-11-2003, 05:32 PM
DaBear

"Szpond" wrote in message
We live in Michigan (zone 5). Someone said to leave our pump in over the
winter so that the seals don't dry out. Is it okay to leave the pump in

the
bottom of the pond (not running) for the winter, or shall we pull it and

put in
dry storage?

I take mine out, service and clean it, then store it in a 5 gallon bucket
full of water in the basement.
I replace it in the pond with a PondMaster pump of lower output, to keep a
small amount of water going through the VF,the streams and smaller settling
ponds, and keep an open area in the main pond in case of a freeze.
Bear

Out, out, damn slug! Spider[_3_] United Kingdom 84 01-12-2012 02:24 PM
Pump for cleaning out pond Roy Ponds 8 26-02-2011 11:10 AM
Possible burned out pump? New pump suggestions... GoldLexus Ponds 8 25-06-2006 09:32 PM
Can Just Me Koi come out of Time Out? Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 9 26-04-2003 06:32 PM