Old 15-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Casey Stevens

Default First Frost

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:50:26 -0500, Pam wrote:

Our first frost is predicted for tonight. And yes, I know how
nice it is to be able to say that in mid-November.

Our first one was last night here in the South Carolina midlands
(Orangeburg). This morning, I grieved for my tomato plants, peppers,
lima beans, my eggplants and my gourd vines. Even after covering
everything with sheets of plastic and putting hay around them, they
looked like they'd been left in Siberia overnight. But... then I went
to visit my garlic and my mustard, the chinese cabbage and collards.
Then I was happy again.

Now where are the seed catalogs for next spring?

Casey