Old 15-11-2003, 12:22 AM
B.Server

Default can deer manure be composted?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:51:47 -0500, "mixter"
wrote:

a friend has a pear tree where the deer congregate and naturally, do their
business while they munch on the pears.

he would like to know if he can use the droppings in his compost pile. i
told him i thought he could since deer are vegetarians.

am i right or wrong?

mixter

FWIW, late in the year I can tell every place the (*&^(*&^*(&^ things
have dropped in my back yard. The grass is greener. Of course, what
they ate was my garden, shrubs, and just about anything else. At
least goats are good for something.

So yes, the deer manure should be just fine either composed or just
spread.