Old 15-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Phisherman

Default "Christmas cactus" blooming

On 15 Nov 2003 02:28:24 GMT, (Mceezee) wrote:

My "Christmas cactus" as they are called is blooming lovely. I had it out all
summer and brought it in when the weather got cold. This is the best it has
bloomed in the several years I have had it.

Does this have to do with keeping it outside during the summer, or is just
getting stronger as it gets older?

Placing it outdoors (sheltered) is a good thing for a zygocactus. It
will benefit from diluted manure tea and fish emulsion (deodorized)
feedings during the growing season. My Thanksgiving cactus is now in
full bloom (white creamy flowers), no buds on the Christmas cactus
yet. Allow it to rest after it blooms.