Old 15-11-2003, 05:32 PM
DaBear

Default Pump in or Pump out?

"Szpond" wrote in message
We live in Michigan (zone 5). Someone said to leave our pump in over the
winter so that the seals don't dry out. Is it okay to leave the pump in

the
bottom of the pond (not running) for the winter, or shall we pull it and

put in
dry storage?

I take mine out, service and clean it, then store it in a 5 gallon bucket
full of water in the basement.
I replace it in the pond with a PondMaster pump of lower output, to keep a
small amount of water going through the VF,the streams and smaller settling
ponds, and keep an open area in the main pond in case of a freeze.
Bear